Number of Jobs:
Send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 422 3600 or 021 433 1872
Sew Supervisor – Cape Town
• The supervisor is responsible for leading the Sew team in ensuring that production is scheduled for completion and is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters
• Ensures that sufficient staffing is available at all times to complete daily tasks.
• Guides and support staff to ensure that production are completed timeously
• Delegate tasks effectively to subordinates and monitor day-to-day operations
• Instruct staff in work policies and procedures
• Directly supervises, coach and mentor the employees
• Follow-up on delegated tasks of staff to ensure successful completion
• Consistently meets with the manager in analyzing production standards and work flow to anticipate problems, eliminate bottlenecks and make changes as needed.
• Ensures that an appropriate level of inventory is maintained, and immediately notifies the manager of any needed items
• Assists with training of all new staff and assigns on-the-job training
• Complete administrative and supervisory duties.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Grade 10-12
• 3-5 relevant working experience within the Clothing Industry in a similar position
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels of employees.
• Responsible, self-motivated and independent
• Good interpersonal understanding
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Strong Planning and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Understand how the team function influence results
• Basic computer literacy