With a host of international magazine covers under her belt such as Vogue and Harpers Bazaar, Chanel UK make-up artist Zoe Taylor gives us insider insights on how to utilize the Chanel Holiday 2015 Makeup Collection.
When the holidays roll around the glamour factor goes up tenfold. With so many dinners and parties to attend, the trusted smoky eye can become a bit tedious. In celebration of 20 years of Rouge Noir, an alluring and mysterious blend of red and black, Chanel’s Holiday 2015 Makeup Collection takes it’s inspiration from the well-loved shade, elevating it to cult status. This vampy look will turn heads everywhere you go, letting your eyes and lips do all the talking.
“Chanel Illusion d’Ombre in Rouge Noir looks different on everybody, and changes depending on your skin tone and the oils in your skin, so you can really customize the colour. This is why you shouldn’t use a primer underneath this product; you want the colour to work with your skin. The shade will also make the whites of your eyes really pop,” says Taylor.
1. First apply Crayon Kohl in Rouge Noir over the eyelid, layer the crayon over the whole lid, this way you will get more depth of colour from the eyeshadow.
2. Apply the Illusion d’Ombre in Rouge Noir with your fingers; you can really build up the intensity.
3. Finish with Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir.
“Always buff your lips before applying a dark shade of lipstick, not only will this smooth the surface but also plump up the lip,” recommends Taylor.
1. After buffing your lips apply a lip balm to moisturise your lips.
2. Blend your foundation right over your lips so that you have an even tone on which to apply your lipstick.
3. Line lips with Crayon Kohl in Rouge Noir and apply to cover your lips. This will make your lipstick last much longer.
4. Apply Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir using a lip brush.
5. If you prefer a matte finish, dust some powder over your lips though a tissue.